Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

No

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

I am Enough.


I am "Enough." As 2016 ends and 2017 begins, that is the word I want to remind myself not just for the next 365 days but until the end of this life and beyond. I spent too much wasted time this past year doubting myself and placing my identity in how well I could perform in all areas of my life. It seemed that when things were going well, I was doing okay. But when there were challenges, I doubted myself and belittled my self-worth more and more. As it rooted and grew, the more I put myself completely last in all areas, job, family, church, etc. because I believed I wasn't worthy enough to take care of my needs and if I were to do that, I was selfish. I would feel guilty to take any time for myself or do anything for myself if there were other things to get done or other people that needed to be cared for or served.

I could sit and reflect on why and what caused me to spend the majority of the year in this position, but it's time to close that book forever and begin this new story. The Lord sees me as "enough." He sees me as a treasure that deserves to taken care of and loved by myself like he loves me. He loved me so much and saw me worthy enough He sent His son to die for me and my sins. He sees me as his creation, what shouldn't be put down by my own self doubt. I no longer want to put myself last on the list. I no longer want to doubt, to put myself down if my character or person is challenged. I will see myself as my Heavenly daddy sees me. I will treat myself with the dignity and respect that He treats me with. I am his daughter. I am his creation. I am "Enough."

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you many proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." -1 Peter 2:9
Anonymous
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Join me on Instagram